We are a young and energetic team of technology specialists looking to bring something new to the New Zealand legal services market. Led by Liz Blythe, a new partner who returned to New Zealand after working with some of the world's largest consumers and suppliers of technology, we are a small team of highly experienced specialists who love what we do.
We are looking for talented, passionate and enthusiastic lawyers with 4 - 6 years PQE to join our Auckland Technology Group.
Our team offers you the opportunity to get involved in cutting edge technology transactions and work closely with some of the world's most well-known technology companies, leading financial services institutions and consumers of technology products and services across a wide range of industries. This work spans traditional information technology, telecommunications and digital platforms, as well as emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, IoT technology and blockchain-powered solutions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a uniquely close-knit team with a supportive and energetic culture, committed to developing your career. Our training is second to none. We empower our staff to have a voice. We are driven to build this new and exciting practice together.
If you are a solicitor with strong technology or general commercial experience in private practice, we would love to hear from you. We are open to discussing applications for both full-time positions and also more flexible working arrangements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technology procurement, supply, manufacturing, commercialisation and distribution
- Outsourcing arrangements
- e-commerce and m-commerce arrangements
- Intellectual property, privacy and data protection law
- Sale and purchase of technology assets
- Commercial negotiation and drafting
We are looking for
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who is professional, vibrant and engaged with high levels of initiative and ambition
- Creative thinker who strives for excellence in all that they do
- Someone who is willing to work with us to grow and develop the practice
Posted: 18 February 2019
Contact Mychelle Goddard in our HR Team for more information