Russell McVeagh is a large commercial law firm, which is regarded by many as the premier law firm in New Zealand. The firm has offices in Auckland and Wellington and has 35 partners and employs over 300 staff. The firm represents many of New Zealand's well known corporations and financial institutions, including New Zealand's largest company, and numerous listed companies, and all the major retail banks.
The scope of this position is to assist in ensuring that the interface between the firm and our clients is highly professional with a quality end product.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide professional reception duties. You will also assist with organising client functions/events, client gifts and providing a timely service on related marketing administrative matters as requested by the National Events Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reception duties; including greeting clients, answering telephone calls, monitoring and coordinating our room booking schedule and ensuring our kitchen team are briefed for meetings and functions;
- Assisting the National Events Manager with organising internal and external client functions;
- Being proactive in indentifying client entertainment options and event ideas;
- Attending Auckland functions to meet and greet attendees and ensure events run smoothly;
- Updating our client relationship management software (InterAction); and
- Being an advocate for the Russell McVeagh brand.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- The ability to fit into a highly professional organisation;
- A positive can-do attitude with a desire to be part of a high performing team;
- A demonstrated ability to be effective, effecient and deliver tasks on time to a high standard;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A keen eye for detail.
Experience and education:
- Solid experience in administration;
- A previous background in event management;
- Previous experience in a professional services or corporate environment is desirable; and
- A graduate level qualification in a related field is an advantage.
If this role sounds like you, please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role to Judy Whiddett at [email protected].